Who Is This Conference For?
Entrepreneurs, business owners, and professionals working in social media roles for companies and organizations. The sessions are for anyone and everyone (yes, you!) who wants and needs to improve their social media communications and marketing.
Because social media is an essential part of communications, business development and marketing in virtually every industry now, SOCIAL MEDIA DAY HALIFAX offers a full day of professional development in social media marketing at different levels for:
- beginners who need to get a smart start on their accounts,
- active users who want to turn good tactics into a strategy,
- strategists who are planning content around recent changes and trends in social media, and
- sophisticated marketers looking for new ideas and inspiration.
What Can You Expect?
Maybe you need to do EVERYTHING...
- Understand how posting on social media supports your business goals
- Figure out how to get your posts seen by more potential customers
- Learn strong posting tactics for Facebook / Instagram / Twitter and more
- Start brand storytelling and video marketing
- Get advertising on Facebook, finally!
- Build your stalled email list
- Understand how to collaborate with your biggest supporters online
- Embrace recent changes and trends in social media marketing
- Get inspired to develop a new strategy!
This is a one-day conference... and you can’t learn it all in a day but you CAN...
- Expect to discover new ways to connect your social media marketing efforts to your business goals.
- Learn effective tactics that make sense and get better results.
- Walk away with inspiration that fuels your communications, your marketing, and your planning.
- Become aware of important changes and trends – things that are in your blind spot right now.
- Talk to other professionals who are growing in the same direction as you.
Social Media Day Halifax Organizers
Linda Daley helps business owners and independent professionals turn their online marketing strategies into practical results, connecting the dots between planning and doing. She's an avid small business blogger with 575+ posts, and her blog has been touted by Search Engine Journal as one of the "Best Marketing Blogs of Canada".
Twirp Communications Inc. is Halifax's leader in social media training and consulting. Head Twirp, Anita Kirkbride trains dozens of entrepreneurs each year to manage their own social media marketing through Workplace Education workshops, individualized training plans, and her free, educational blog and ecourses.